Sunday 10 March 2013

Nearly Naked


Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation £8.99

I'm sure everyone and their dog has read a review about this foundation by now, but I thought I'd give you my thoughts anyway. Firstly, I bought the wrong shade (150 Nude). Much too dark/orange for me. Now this is only a fault of my own but does anybody else find it difficult to decide which colour suits your skin under those awful lights in boots/superdrug? I'm sure I'm not the only one. Anyway, after hearing numerous bloggers/youtubers talk about this I had to try it for myself.
 
 
The foundation has no pump! Immediately this doesnt bode well with me, but I dealt with it with other favourite foundations. (I'm looking at you ColourStay). On first application this foundation is very light and has that classic Revlon makeup scent. I've heard people comparing it to the texture of a tinted moisturiser and I would completely agree with that, except this has slightly more coverage. The finish is lovely leaving you with skin that looks and feels like skin. This foundation sits really nicely on my skin not feeling cakey at all, it almost feels like I'm not even wearing foundation. The lasting power is ok, although foundation doesnt stay on my skin very long anyway, I often find myself having to completely redo my makeup if I'm going from day to night, but I'm sure this is due to my oily complexion.
 
 
The only real issue I have with this foundation is that there is no pump which makes everything a little but messy, as you can see above. However for such a lovely product I think I can push that aside. I think if this was in the right shade for me it would probably be one of my favourites.
 
Have you tried this foundation? How do you feel about it? 
 

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree with you! it's so difficult to find the right shade under those florescent lights, I've tried the whole apply to the crease of your arm, your neck, you wrist trick, but none of them help! I've even been to MAC and been matched wrong, it's a never ending battle :(
    I haven't tried this, and the fact that there is no pump puts me off, but after reading this you have definitely tempted me :D

    A&K x

    SBW-D.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete